The best TV of the year for each brand are: Samsung KS9500, Sony XD9305, Panasonic DX902B and LG UH950V.
Screen SizeNot all models are available in 55 inches, so we recommend you first choose the size, before reviewing the different models.
- Samsung KS9500: 65 and 78 inch curved screen (55-inch KS9000)
- Sony XD9305: 55, 65 and 75 inches
- Panasonic DX902B: 58 and 65 inches
- LG UH950V: 55 and 65 inches
2D Picture Quality
- Full HD & HD content: With better quality content, the better the images offered the TV. Like most times we will not displaying content 4K / HDR is important to assess how each model behaves fullHD resolutions.
- Samsung KS9500: excellent work of up-scaling of the image through the grayscale, despite the apparent drop in resolution HD content looks great.
- Sony XD9305: HD pictures are not good in both SD
- Panasonic DX902B: up-scalded good, both in FullHD and even with SD images, although it is not the same as 4K display or HDR.
- LG UH950V: improved SD content look good and looks great if the content is HD
3D picture quality
- Samsung KS9500: no 3D
- Sony XD9305: 3D active pretty weak, just as an extra
- Panasonic DX902B: Active, better than Sony
- LG UH950V: 3D passive good
- Samsung KS9500 (9): Tizen, one of the best.
- Sony XD9305 (8): Android TV the worst of the 4 brands on this point
- Panasonic DX902B (9): MyHomeScreen is a good platform Smart
- LG UH950V (9,5): webOS 3.0 the best of the year
- Samsung KS9500: 65" £3500 (KS9000 55" £1,400)
- Sony XD9305: 55" £1370
- Panasonic DX902B: 58" £1350
- LG UH950V: £1300 55"